Been looking over the various album release lists for 2009 and noticed a stack of new music being released that I’m looking forward to hearing. Here are some bands releasing new music this year:
- January 20 - Bon Iver
- January 27 - Bruce Springsteen, Franz Ferdinand, Andrew Bird
- February 10 - Ben Lee
- February 17 - M. Ward, Morrissey
- March 3 - Neko Case, U2
- March 10 - Madeline Peyroux
- March 24 - The Decemberists
- March 31 - Great Lake Swimmers
- April 14 - Dave Matthews Band
- April 22 - Depeche Mode
- May 5 - The National
Other bands expected to release new material (dates not set):
- Arctic Monkeys
- Beastie Boys
- Peter Gabriel
- The Strokes
- Sonic Youth
- The Flaming Lips
- Our Lady Peace
- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
- Silversun Pickups
- Stone Temple Pilots
This is just a small list…. they will be lots of great indie stuff that will be released throughout the year that you probably don’t want to miss.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Music downloads hit 1 billion mark, CD sales fell
- Pearl Jam to reissue Ten in four different packages
- Prince To Roll Out Three Albums This Year
Image via Wikipedia
Knowing that Tumblr only allows one song post per day, getting around this limitation is pretty easy. You can post songs hosted by a third-party host (I like http://www.hotlinkfiles.com) and as a heavy delicious user, I just discovered another cool way of sharing music using play tagger from Delicious.
What I like is that I can post multiple songs on one posting… something like this:
As you can see, you can play posted music right in the webpage and you can also bookmark mp3sinto Delicious for future reference, future playback (within Delicious) or for sharing with others. I have tagged my bookmarked mp3s as “sharedmusic” so you will see (and hear) my shared music @ http://delicious.com/gcn1/sharedmusic
I haven’t tried feeding the “shared music” RSS feed into tumblr, but that might be another way to automatically post music that you have bookmarked through your internet travels.UPDATE (Feb 7th, 2009): Take a look at http://musicfeed.tumblr.com where I have added the “sharedmusic” RSS feed from Delicious into the Feeds tab in the Tumblr dashboard. Now, I can automatically import those songs into Tumblr that I have bookmarked.
vruz has tagged me and this is something I haven’t done before… so I’m going to give it a shot.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
- I love being a father to two amazing little boys.
- I love to cook because food brings people together and its a great way to share life with others.
- I love technology but am not into gadgets. My only useless gadget purchase was a Palm IIIe which I used for about a week before giving up on it.
- My first computer was a Commodore PET and haven’t been without a computer since.
- I love music and can’t be in a room without having it on… I also carry my iPod pretty much every I go.
- I have visited a few places… Italy, England, US and Canada and the one place I would retreat to in heartbeat would be Newfoundland (or pretty much anywhere on the Canadian east coast) Some of the nicest and most genuine people you’ll ever meet living on spectacular and beautifully rugged lands.
- I find writing to be very difficult and am amazed at those who are so prolific at it. I can hear the words but they never come out they way I’m thinking them.
- I don’t like big parties. I prefer small, intimate gatherings which fits my quiet, reserved nature.
- I’ve been referred to as the ‘keyboard commando’ for knowing so many computer keyboard shortcuts.
- I play the guitar…and know that deep in me is a guitar god just wanting to be unleashed.
- I don’t like watching movies… I usually fall asleep after the first 10 minutes. Drives people crazy.
- I enjoy a good beer, single malt scotch or red wine over great conversation. I don’t like sweet alcoholic drinks… they make me gag.
- I’m a news junkie… politics, economics, finance etc.
- Never thought this would happen but I recently started gardening… have grown tomatoes, lettuce, garlic, beans successfully. Great stress reliever!
- I like exploring new cities/towns by foot… and I have a keen sense of direction which is always helpful.
- I have curly hair which I always wished was straight. Now that I’m older, I don’t mind anymore.
Here are the 16 people I’m tagging. If you have already posted your 16, great! If you don’t want to or don’t care, no worries. Enjoy reading those who have posted.